Comté-Stuffed Glazed Meatballs
Recipe type: Appetiser
Serves: 16 meatballs
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, plus additional for serving
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro, plus additional for serving
- 2 ounces Comté, cut into 16 half-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Knead together the ground beef and pork until evenly combined. Stir in the garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, parsley and cilantro. Divide the mixture into 16 loose patties. Place a cube of Comté in the center of each patty. Fold the sides of the meat up around the cheese and roll into a round meatball, making sure that the cheese is completely enclosed.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, oven-safe, nonstick skillet. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, 6-8 minutes total. Remove pan from heat and brush meatballs with mango chutney. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake 2-4 minutes, or until the meatballs are just cooked through. Brush again with any remaining chutney.
- Transfer meatballs to a platter or to serving plates. Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley and cilantro; serve warm.
- Bon appétit!