Cheese Sex Death
This sultry squash is stuffed with sweet, nutty Comté, cream, broth, and a little toasted baguette to soak it all up. The whole thing is roasted until the flesh caramelizes and the brew within bubbles with hot, cheesy decadence. Pour yourself a dark, malty ale to enjoy with this wicked feast.
- 1-1lb squash
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ cup cream
- 6 oz Comté, shredded at room temp
- 3 thick slices of baguette, lightly toasted
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Slice the top off the pumpkin and scoop out all the strings and seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet. Season the inside with salt and pepper, and rub olive oil over the outside.
- Place a slice of baguette inside the squash and cover with a big handful of Comté. Add another slice of baguette and top with more Comté. Continue layering, finishing with the rest of the cheese.
- Whisk the broth and cream, and pour inside the pumpkin, all over the cheese and bread. Grate a little black pepper over it.
- Put the top back on the squash, and bake in the oven until fork-tender, about 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. To serve, scoop out the flesh and hot cheese into bowls and go to town!