Comté Summer Squash Pizza
Serves: 1 large pizza, 4 to 8 servings
- 1 lb store bought pizza dough
- 5 zucchini
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 6 oz., approximately 2 cups, grated Comté cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for fingertips
- 2 to 3 tablespoons panko or breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 500°F and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Grate the zucchini with a hand grater or a food processor. In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini and salt. Place aside and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes to remove water from the zucchini.
- Drain the zucchini in a colander. Squeeze out as much water as possible, a fistful at a time. Back in the large bowl toss the zucchini with the shredded Comté, breaking up any clumps of zucchini. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush a 13×18-inch rimmed half-sheet pan with olive oil. Stretch the dough across the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the zucchini mixture over the dough, going all the way to the edges of the pan and sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the topping is golden. Remove from oven, cut into squares and serve.