Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Comté
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Comté cheese
- Kalamata olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sundried tomatoes
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Romaine lettuce
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a jar and blend with an immersion blender or use a regular blender.
- Chop or slice all of the salad ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing, toss well, and enjoy!
Don’t forget the wine! A glass or bottle of Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris will play nicely with the fresh herbs and citrus notes in the salad. The acidity of both will work well with the richness of the cheese and salami.
Or add any of the below variations. It will still taste great!
- Chickpeas, kidney beans, or your favorite kind of bean
- Other varieties of olives
- Another type of salami or cured meat (thick-cut or pre-sliced)
- More vegetables like cucumbers, red onion, or raw peppers
- Nuts or seeds
- Add cooked grains like quinoa or couscous
Play with the salad dressing flavors with these recommended variations. Most homemade salad dressings are easy to adjust to fit your preferences:
- Add more dried herbs like oregano or thyme
- Swap the lemon juice for red wine or balsamic vinegar
- Fresh garlic is optional but recommended
- Use vegetable broth instead of olive oil for an oil-free alternative