Brette Westerlund, adapted from her student days in Paris
- 2 cups flour
- Palm full of salt
- 16 tbs. butter
- ⅛ cup of water
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz. crème fraiche
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ small onion (diced in to small pieces)
- 5 oz. to 6 oz. baby spinach
- 1 ½ to 2 cups of grated Comté
- Olive oil
Make the crust
- Preheat oven to 400°. Oil tarte or quiche pan and sprinkle with flour.
- Mix flour, salt and butter in food processor, add water. Shape in to a ball. Press mixture in to the pan.
Make the filling
- Sauté diced onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft and slightly carmelized. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Spread spinach mixture on top of crust.
- Cover with Comté.
- Mix eggs, crème fraiche, and salt with an eggbeater or wire whisk. Pour into pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Bacon or any other vegetable can be substituted for spinach.