Comté Cheese & Potato Pancake
Kristine Jannuzzi @nyccheesechick
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large potato (about 1 pound), peeled and diced
- ¾ pound Comté cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and cook the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the potato and another tablespoon olive oil, toss, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the potatoes and onions are golden brown, stirring frequently (about 10 minutes).
- Add the cheese and distribute evenly throughout the pan, smoothing with a spatula.
- Cook until the pancake sets (about 10 minutes), occasionally lifting the edges of the pancake, smoothing the top with the spatula, and shaking the pan to loosen it.
- When the pancake has fully set, place a large plate on top of the pan and flip, then slide the pancake back into the pan.
- Cook until the second side is gold brown, about 5 minutes.
- Flip onto a plate, cut into 6 wedges, and serve immediately.